Promotional products are any item used to promote a business or event, usually including a logo, company name, slogan, website, phone number or other identifiable information. On the other hand, promotional apparel refers to clothing items used for marketing and sales purposes, from printed t-shirts and shorts to beanies and caps.
Promotional apparel is used by businesses and sporting teams for product launches or specific events. And if you haven’t made the investment yet, here are a few reasons you should.
Why Use Promotional Apparel?
There are many ways your business would benefit from promotional apparel.
- Gets your name out in a professional manner. When promotional apparel that advertises your products and services is worn in public, you have the potential to reach thousands of eyes. When people get to know and trust your logo and brand, they’re more likely to purchase from you.
- Beats the competition! Promotional apparel that has been tailored to suit your business is unique – and allows your business to stand out from your competitors. For example, say you’re a builder and attend a Home Trade Show. There will be five other builders with stands right next to yours, but you have a great logo and it’s showing on your hat, shirt, jacket, shorts. You might even have some caps to give-away. People will remember you, compared to the builder next door who has none of these.
- Converts into sales. Promotional products do more than just help you build your brand; they also bring in new customers. For example, your logo on apparel works the same way as a business card, but potential customers see it every day – it’s not simply put in a drawer where it is forgotten.
- Builds customer loyalty. If you take the time to build strong relationships with your target customers, they will tell their friends and family about your brand, who will then become your loyal customers. Alternatively, everyone loves a freebie, and promotional apparel is a fantastic way for you to reward customers and have them come back for more.
- It’s a cost-effective form of marketing. Any time you buy in bulk, you will save money, and by purchasing promotional clothing in larger numbers, you’ll be able to spend extra money on the design instead. Also, you’ll generally find that once-off purchases will be cheaper than ongoing advertising campaigns – and the campaign could last for decades (if the apparel quality is good) rather than days or weeks.
When you’re creating your promotional apparel, it’s important to remember that quality design is more likely to capture the attention of potential customers, giving you a better return on investment.
According to the Promotional Products Association International, consumers are 2.5 times more likely to have a positive opinion of promotional apparel than online advertising. And 70% of consumers wish they received promotional products from companies more often.
So, go on. It’s time to get on board and make your future customers happy.